During the first stage we will cross the Marecchia Valley and then the River Tiber before reaching the Val d`Arno. Two are the beautiful mountain passes along the route – the Passo delle Balze and the Passo Mandrioli – which takes us through magnificent countryside and picturesque old villages!
During the second stage, we cross the Consuma Pass and cycle on to Florence, where we visit the historic centre with the Cathedral, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio and the Basilica of Santa Croce always on our bikes. After a packed lunch in a beautiful park in Florence, we return to Borgocorsignano, again across the Consuma Pass.
The third stage will all be characterized by mountain passes immersed in the forests of the Tuscany – Romagna Apennines; here nature takes centre stage until our arrival in Romagna!
Italy cycle Hotels: cycling routes through Romagna, Marche and Tuscany, Marche and Tuscany
SPRING: from 14 to 21 april 2018
AUTUMN: from 15 to 22 september 2018
|The week programme:|
|SATURDAY||Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|SUNDAY||9.30 am Mombaroccio - Gradara km 86
7.00 pm Dinner
9.30 am Belvedere Fogliense - Mondaino - Vecciano 76 km
|TUESDAY||8.30 am Riccione - Corsignano (Tuscany) 122 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Corsignano and check-in in the farmhouse
7.00 pm Typical Tuscan dinner
|WEDNESDAY||8.30 am Corsignano-Florence (Tuscany) 55 km
12.00 pm Arrival in Florence by bike and visit of the city and its historical centre
1.30 pm Departure for Corsignano about 55 km
7.00 pm Dinner at the pizzeria
|THURSDAY||8.30 am Corsignano- Riccione 137 km
3/4.00 pm Arrival in Riccione
7.00 pm Typical Romagnolo dinner at Hotel Dory
|FRIDAY||9.30 am Ginestreto – Panoramica (Marche) 84 km
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Florence by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible and the maximum number of participants is 18. The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Spring stage: within 31 March
Where we`ll stay:
Where we eat
Breakfast at the hotel and dinner in typical local restaurants. On the way lunch break and refreshment drinks provided by minibus service.
Prices are per person, in double or twin room, either Superior room in formula Style or miniapartment in formula Idea. Single room supplement € 30 per day.
SPRING from 873.00 euro
SPRING from 722.00 euro