We will start from Riccione and during the first stage of the trip we shall travel along the valley of the River Foglia, world famous for mushroom picking. The first major climb will be from Sestino to Badia Tedalda. Subsequently we shall tackle the Viamaggio pass before cycling down into the wonderful old town of Anghiari, considered to be one of the most beautiful villages of Italy, in the Tiber valley.
During the second stage, we shall immediately tackle a short climb through forest land before dropping down into the Arno Valley; along a route characterized by gentle slopes, we come to the medieval town of Siena founded by the ancient Romans. The medieval old town, because of its history, art and landscape, has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1995. Piazza del Campo is home to the famous Palio di Siena, a thrilling and ancient horse race staged in the summer months.
In the third and final stage, we shall ride along the roads of the famous Chianti region, where the namesake wine is made; over hills and through vineyards we shall reach Florence after a ride of about three hours. Here we shall have lunch before visiting the city by bike – the Cathedral, the Ponte Vecchio, the Palazzo Vecchio and the Basilica of Santa Croce. And then back to Riccione by minibus for dinner.
SPRING: from 2 to 9 June 2018
AUTUMN: from 22 to 29 september 2018
|The week programme:|
|SATURDAY||Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|SUNDAY||9.30 am Mombaroccio - Gradara km 86
7.00 pm Dinner
9.30 am Belvedere Fogliense - Mondaino - Vecciano 76 km
|TUESDAY||8.30 am Riccione - Anghiari (Tuscany) 114 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Anghiari and check-in in hotel
7.00 pm Typical Tuscan dinner
|WEDNESDAY||8.30 am Anghiari - Siena (Tuscany) 94 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Siena, check in in hotel and visit by bike of the city and its historical centre
7.00 pm Dinner at the pizzeria
8.30 am Siena - Firenze 67 km
4:00 pm Departure from Florence to Riccione by bus
7.00 pm Typical Romagnolo dinner at Hotel Dory
|FRIDAY||9.30 am Ginestreto – Panoramica (Marche) 84 km
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Siena and Florence by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible and the maximum number of participants is 18. The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Spring stage: within 31 july
Where we`ll stay:
Hotel 3*** in Anghiari and Siena
Where we eat
Breakfast at the hotel and dinner in typical local restaurants. On the way lunch break and refreshment drinks provided by minibus service.
Prices are per person, in double or twin room, either Superior room in formula Style or miniapartment in formula Idea. Single room supplement € 30 per day.
AUTUMN da 1002.00 euro
AUTUMN da 845.00 euro