On Tuesday, early morning departure by minibus for Chiusi della Verna. The first stage of our tour includes a long 6 km downhill stretch along a mountain road, surrounded by the Casentinesi forest, with gradients that reach 9%, as far as the area of Montevarchi. Next comes another long 12 km climb among the Chianti hills and then a series of up and downhill stretches as far as Siena, where we spend the first night.
The second stage takes us from Siena to Piombino, always surrounded by the greenery of the rolling hills of Tuscany, without any particularly steep climbs but amid breathtaking scenery along quiet roads. After reaching Piombino, we embark for the Isle of Elba and reach Portoferraio where we spend the second night.
The third day includes a tour of the Isle of Elba, along a road high above the sea with wonderful scenery and incredible views of the blue Tyrrhenian. The island vegetation with all its colours and fragrances will keep us company during the trip and we shall have time to visit local villages and get to know the history and lie of the land. Back in Portoferraio, after a shower, lunch and a little rest, our return journey starts to Riccione.
SPRING: from 26 may to 2 June
|The week programme:|
|SATURDAY||Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|SUNDAY||9.30 am Mombaroccio - Gradara km 86
7.00 pm Dinner
9.30 am Belvedere Fogliense - Mondaino - Vecciano 76 km
|TUESDAY||8.30 am Riccione - Chiusi della Verna (Tuscany) with minibus
10.30 am Chiusi della Verna - Siena with bicycle km 105
4.30 pm arrival in Siena and tour of the historical centre with bike
5.30 pm check-in at the hotel and free time for visiting Siena
7.00 pm Aperitif and dinner in a typical restaurant in Siena
|WEDNESDAY||8.30 am Siena - Piombino km 124
4.00 pm Ferry for Elba island
5.30 pm Arrival and check-in at Portoferraio hotel
7.00 pm aperitif and dinner in hotel
|THURSDAY||8.00 am Tour Elba island 72 km
12.00 am Shower and brunch in Hotel
2.00 pm Ferry for Piombino
3.30 pm Departure for Riccione in Minibus
8.30 pm Dinner at Hotel Dory
|FRIDAY||9.30 am Ginestreto – Panoramica (Marche) 84 km
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Tour Isola d`Elba by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible . The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Spring stage: within 15 April
Prices are per person, in double or twin room, either Superior room in formula Style or miniapartment in formula Idea. Single room supplement € 30 per day.
SPRING from 1083.00 euro
SPRING from 932.00 euro