During the first stage we shall pedal through the hills of Romagna as far as Tavoleto before cycling down into the Marche region and then up again to Urbino, where we make our first stop for a packed lunch. One more small mountain pass and then down to Acqualagna and the valley of the river Burano along which we cycle as far as the Scheggia Pass that takes us to Gubbio.
The second stage crosses the forests between Gubbio and Assisi and takes us down to the city of the patron saint. After visiting the city and enjoying a packed lunch, we return to Gubbio for dinner at a local restaurant.
The third stage takes us back over the Contessa Pass and down again into the valley of Burano; the last part of the route is through the town of Urbania, across the Capute Pass, onto Urbino and back to Romagna.
SPRING: from 7 to 14 April 2018
AUTUMN: from 29 September to 6 October 2018
|SATURDAY||Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|SUNDAY||9.30 am Mombaroccio - Gradara km 86
7.00 pm Dinner
9.30 am Belvedere Fogliense - Mondaino - Vecciano 76 km
|TUESDAY||8.30 am Riccione - Gubbio (Umbria) 105 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Gubbio and check-in in the hotel
7.00 pm Typical Umbrian dinner
|WEDNESDAY||8.30 am Gubbio-Assisi (Umbria) 50 km
12.00 pm Arrival in Assisi by bike and visit of the city and its historical centre
1.30 pm Departure for Gubbio about 59 km
7.00 pm Dinner at the pizzeria
|THURSDAY||8.30 am Gubbio - Riccione 137 km
3/4.00 pm Arrival in Riccione
7.00 pm Typical Romagnolo dinner at Hotel Dory
|FRIDAY||9.30 am Ginestreto – Panoramica (Marche) 84 km
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Umbria by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible and the maximum number of participants is 18. The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Reservations deadline: within 31st July
Where we sleep:
Hotel 3*** in Gubbio
Where we eat
Breakfast at the hotel and dinner in typical local restaurants. On the way lunch break and refreshment drinks provided by minibus service.
Prices are per person, in double or twin room, either Superior room in formula Style or miniapartment in formula Idea. Single room supplement € 30 per day.
AUTUMN from Euro 1084.00
No more available