A week of cycling emotions during which we explore the enchanting landscapes of Romagna, the Marche and Tuscany.
We’ll spend the first two days in Riccione, with excursions into the countryside of Romagna and we’ll enjoy a Monday of great food and traditions at our country farmhouse in Vecciano.
On Tuesday we’ll leave early in the morning and head to Tuscany, accompanied by a guide and a minibus, arriving after three stops and two overnights in Poppi and Florence, in the city of Pisa with its famous leaning tower. We’ll return from Pisa to Riccione by minibus on Thursday afternoon and on Friday we’ll cycle around Romagna once again!
An experience packed with wonderful landscapes and exciting cycling stretches such as to delight the senses and strengthen the body, while always in the mould of Dory Style philosophy, meaning having fun, eating well and relaxing.
|The week programme:
|Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|9.30 am Tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 80/90 kms
7.00 pm Dinner
9.30 am Tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 80/90 kms
|8.30 am Riccione - Corsignano (Tuscany) 122 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Corsignano and check-in in the farmhouse
7.00 pm Typical Tuscan dinner
|8.30 am Corsignano-Florence (Tuscany) 55 km
12.00 pm arrival in Florence by bike and visit of the city and its historical centre
3.00 pm check-in at the hotel and free time to visit Florence
7.00 pm aperitif and dinner at a typical restaurant in Florence
|8.30 am Florence - Pisa 108 km
3.00 pm arrival in Pisa by bike and visit of the city and its historical centre
5.00 pm change of clothes and departure for Riccione by minibus
8.00 pm Arrival in Riccione
8.30 pm dinner at Hotel Dory
|9.30 am Tour in the Marche region 80/90 km
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Florence by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible and the maximum number of participants is 18. The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Spring stage: within 31 March
Where we`ll stay:
Where we eat
Breakfast at the hotel and dinner in typical local restaurants. On the way lunch break and refreshment drinks provided by minibus service.