Urbino, cradle of the Renaissance as the birthplace of Raphael, will welcome us in a central and prestigious accommodation, to give us rest and refreshment after a first day of cycling in its magnificent territory to discover its history and its artistic wonders.
On the day of return we will follow the ancient paths from Urbino to the land of Romagna.
We’ll set off from Riccione by bicycle and head towards Urbino along a hilly route of gently-sloping secondary roads with very few flat parts; there’s nothing too demanding and it’s all very exciting, thanks to the natural surroundings and landscapes to be enjoyed.
Arriving in Urbino will be our first reward; in fact, its historical buildings, churches and Ducal Palace will leave no doubt… we’re in the cradle of the Renaissance and art. In the late afternoon, we’ll be met by a tour guide who’ll tell us all about the history of Urbino, leading us to the centre’s most delightful spots.
During the second stage, we’ll descend along the Foglia river valley, before climbing again to the villages of Mondaino and Saludecio, witnesses to centuries of history, from the Middle Ages to the present day.
In the late afternoon, we’ll return to Riccione.
Some of our region’s best typical dishes and delicious wine will complete the experience!
|The week programme:|
|SATURDAY||Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|SUNDAY||9.30 am Touristik bike tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 80/90 kms (Dolce vita group)
7.00 pm Dinner
9.30 am Touristik bike tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 40/50 kms (Dolce vita group)
|TUESDAY||8.30 am Riccione - Urbino (Marche) 51 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Urbino and check-in in hotel
6.00 pm sightseeing tour of the city of Urbino with a local guide
7.00 pm dinner in hotel
|WEDNESDAY||8.30 am Urbino - Riccione 54 km
4.00 pm Arrival at Hotel Dory
7.00 pm Typical Romagna dinner at hotel Dory
|THURSDAY||9.30 am Touristik bike tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 40/50 kms (Dolce vita group)
7.00 pm dinner at Hotel Dory
|FRIDAY||9.30 am Touristik bike tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 40/50 kms (Dolce vita group)
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Florence by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible and the maximum number of participants is 18. The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Spring stage: within 31 March
Where we`ll stay:
Where we eat
Breakfast at the hotel and dinner in typical local restaurants. On the way lunch break and refreshment drinks provided by minibus service.