The tour has been designed to include two variants: one for well-trained cyclists (Limoncino and Cappuccino super groups) and one for less trained cyclists (Cappuccino group), for those who wish to take their time admiring the idyllic landscapes that we will encounter.
The first group will set off on their bikes from Riccione, and cycling through the hamlets and towns of Verucchio, Sogliano al Rubicone, Mercato Saraceno, Bagno di Romagna and Badia Prataglia, they will reach Camaldoli, in the heart of the Casentinesi forests, having climbed the slopes of Verucchio, Sogliano, Passo Mandrioli and Passo dei Fangacci, and having cycled 120 km with a cumulative elevation gain of 3,000 metres.
A true challenge among the passes of the Apennines!
While the cyclists in the Cappuccino group will travel from Riccione to Sogliano al Rubicone by minibus and enjoy the peace and quiet of the long mountain passes in the heart of the Casentinesi forests, along a 70 km route with a cumulative elevation gain of 1,400.
Over the centuries, the Nature Reserve has struck and impressed many Saints, writers, painters and poets. Among the most famous visitors we number Dante, who was particularly impressed by the waterfall of Acquacheta, which is celebrated in one of the Cantos of the Inferno.
There will also be a segment of gravel road for everyone to enjoy near the Hermitage of Camaldoli, and a breath-taking view of the Ridracoli Reservoir.
Once they are refreshed, those who wish to can visit the monastery and purchase the monks’ quality herbal products.
SPRING: from 17 to 24 Aprile 2021, Thursday 22 April 2021
AUTUMN: from 18 to 25 September 2021, Thursday 23 September 2021
- This program is dedicated to well-trained cyclists. The average speed will be 26/27 km/hour (Cappuccino Super and Limoncino group), but it is also suitable for the less trained cyclists of cappuccino light or cappuccino leaving from Urbino at an average speed of 18/20 km per hour.
- A first-aid, supply and assistance service is provided by our minibus along the entire route.
- The excursion will only become
available once at least 5 participants have been reached. The program
could undergo changes as regards the route and the times indicated.
- In case of bad weather, the excursion will take place on the following day. Departure is planned for 8 am, with return at 6 pm.
- A fee of Euro 14 per person is required
- You are invited to bring with you a change of cycling gear – leggings, sleeves and rainproof jacket.
...on arrival we’ll party you like real champions