A ride through history, art and culture and the lands of the patron saint of Italy St. Francis of Assisi. We spend five nights in Riccione and two nights in Gubbio to visit the city of Assisi.
Three stages pedalling through Romagna, Marche and Umbria, across the Apennine mountains, with their twists and turns and sanctuaries, always with Dory Style philosophy.
A trip to the heart of Italy with its cultural, religious and culinary traditions with emphasis on hospitality and that welcoming attitude so typical of our country.
|SATURDAY||Arrival in Riccione and check-in at Hotel Dory
6.00 pm Welcome cocktail and information to participants
7.00 pm Welcome Dinner
|SUNDAY||9.30 am Tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 80/90 kms
7.00 pm Dinne
9.30 am Tour in the Romagna and Marche Regions 80/90 kms
|TUESDAY||8.30 am Riccione - Gubbio (Umbria) 105 km
4.00 pm Arrival in Gubbio and check-in in the hotel
7.00 pm Typical Umbrian dinner
|WEDNESDAY||8.30 am Gubbio-Assisi (Umbria) 50 km
12.00 pm Arrival in Assisi by bike and visit of the city and its historical centre
1.30 pm Departure for Gubbio about 59 km
7.00 pm Dinner at the pizzeria
|THURSDAY||8.30 am Gubbio - Riccione 137 km
3/4.00 pm Arrival in Riccione
7.00 pm dinner at Hotel Dory
|FRIDAY||.30 am Tour in the Marche region 80/90 km
7.00 pm “Flavours and Pleasures” sample dinner
9.00 pm Photos and Prize-giving ceremony
• The program is open to well-trained cyclists; the average speed will be 20-22 km per hour (Cappuccino group)
• All services for cyclists and also a first-aid and mechanical service minibus following the group during the 3-days excursion.
• Accompanying persons may also take part in the three-day "Umbria by bike", travelling either in the minibus or with their own cars.
• a minimum number of 5 participants is needed to make the excursion possible and the maximum number of participants is 18. The program is subject to changes as regards indicated routes and times.
• Please bring a small trolley with the bare essentials for 3 days (not large Samsonite suitcases) :-)
Reservations deadline: within 31st July
Where we sleep:
Hotel 3*** in Gubbio
Where we eat
Breakfast at the hotel and dinner in typical local restaurants. On the way lunch break and refreshment drinks provided by minibus service.